Headquarters: San Diego, CA
Blue Sky eLearn is hiring a fully remote Senior DevOps Engineer for our Path LMS team. We need a talented, experienced engineer to help scale and fine tune our architecture, infrastructure and monitoring. We're also looking for someone to help us expand our capabilities in automating, and developing tooling to support our developers as we grow our team. We have multiple exciting initiatives around shifting to Kubernetes, database scaling, and streamlining our CI/CD infrastructure, and are looking for someone who is passionate and experienced with helping organizations scale and improve through infrastructure and automation.
This is a fully remote, salaried position. Salary range is $120,000 - $150,000 annually depending on experience.
- Design and implement cloud-based infrastructure for existing and new applications, including our core application and supporting microservices.
- Develop automated solutions to monitor and alert performance & stability in our cloud systems.
- Partner with engineers to envision, implement and improve the current deployment process and identify cross-project dependencies.
- Champion & implement CI/CD best practices as well as monitor for failures and enforce best practices.
- Help set standards for services and software to streamline test and release cycles and improve system maintenance.
- Support our SDLC through automation, tooling, and monitoring and help build and maintain comprehensive documentation of our infrastructure and tools
- Constantly reviewing and updating our infrastructure to ensure we are scalable and handling end user demand.
- Collaborate with the support team and engineers to troubleshoot production alerts and both addressing in the short term and preventing in the long term.
- Constantly update alert thresholds to help identify problems and reduce noise.
- Lead and coach the team on how to better monitor solutions, to ensure we have a full understanding of how features/systems are performing.
- Creating and modifying dashboards to show overall platform health.
- Ensure frameworks, and dependencies are up to date and have correct open-source licenses.
- Participate in project planning meetings to share your point of view of system options, impact, risk, and costs vs. benefits. Communicate current operational requirements and development predictions.
- Organize and participate in on-call duties for production issues.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- Proficiency with Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience with Docker
- 3+ years of experience of providing DevOps support for Ruby on Rails applications
- 3+ years of experience with CircleCI or other industry leading CI/CD
- Experience working with and scaling PostgreSQL, Redis, memcache, and MongoDB
- Strong understanding of Information Technology operations, infrastructure, and application architecture principals
- Strong experience with observability tools, APM tools and cloud monitoring tools
- Experience migrating between cloud providers and/or building multi-cloud environments
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team
- Experience working with Sidekiq
- Experience with Heroku applications and deployments
- Experience optimizing PostgreSQL queries and schemas to be performant and scalable
- Ruby 2.6.6
- Rails 5.2
- Postgresql 12
- Redis / Sidekiq
R&D Team Values
- We communicate frequently and effectively
- We are levelheaded and compassionate
- We value diversity
- We are passionate about our work
- We maintain a healthy balance between work and life
About Our Product
Path LMS is an award-winning and powerful learning management platform that helps associations, corporations, and agencies provide high quality online education to their members. Millions of professionals, including school administrators, lawyers, physicians, and construction contractors, have been educated through courses powered by Path LMS.
As more and more organizations have needed to utilize online education in response to the current global pandemic, the use of our online learning management system has increased dramatically. So, too, have the demands on our app’s scalability, functionality, and usability.
Full-Time Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental and vision
- 100% employer paid short term disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, bereavement, volunteer and family leave
- Paid company holidays
- 401(k) program
- Remote work
- Annual professional development reimbursement
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/blue-sky-elearn-sr-devops-engineer-1