Company: Dalia Research
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Berlin, Dalia harnesses the app economy and advanced data science to distribute millions of micro-surveys worldwide to gather and analyze real-time data on consumer attitudes, public opinion and market trends. We cover everything from understanding public support for basic income, to using real-time data to support the needs of disaster victims. Backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital firms, Dalia has generated over a billion answers from people spread across 100 countries with the resulting data cited in over 2.000 news articles globally, with notable pieces in the Guardian, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, Quartz and Statista.
Read more on how we've set up our AWS infrastructure using Rails !
The journey that awaits you:
- Within a high performing, agile environment, we work with the most advanced technologies out there; from AWS to auto-scaling, NoSQL DBs, Docker, systems orchestration and more.
- Knowledge share and grow with a multi-skilled, international team, motivated by making a prominent dent in society, within a casual, non-hierarchical setting.
- Your endeavours will have significant impact company-wide, as the infrastructure you design will impact operational performance at a cross-functional scale. We’re on a fast-track, and in turn, so will your career as our Senior Infrastructure Development expert.
- You are accountable for Dalia’s IT and cloud based architectures. Furthermore, you will ensure continual improvements to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Manage monitoring/alert tools, master to master MySQL replication, backup/recovery strategy, server down strategy, and user rights policy.
- Manage SQL and NoSQL databases in a high availability environment.
Your profile includes:
- 3+ years of experience in building IT architectures and expertise in at least one scripting language.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration. Configuration management tools (Puppet preferred). Strong experience with SQL, MySQL, NoSQL architectures.
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services environment: EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, Beanstalk, as well as with logs management (logrotate, syslog-ng, ELK stack).
- Ability to write and understand highly technical documentation, with a natural skill to translate complicated technical concepts into documents.
Remote Ok? No