We are looking for a backend software engineer to join our development team in Amsterdam. Job duties will include working on Stream's core API technology as well as designing and building high-performance software.Stream
provides APIs for building activity feeds and chat. Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them. As a developer at Stream, you will build software that's used by tens of thousands of developers and more than half a billion end-users. Stream's APIs are powered by Go, RocksDB and Raft - with response times typically measured in single-digit milliseconds.
What you will be doing
In this role you will be part of the team responsible for our AWS infrastructure. Most of your day will be spent improving our Postgresql deployment, improving monitoring and operations for performance and maintenance tasks. You will also work on AWS infrastructure and take care of monitoring, logging, security and automations.
Our team is made up of very experienced engineers, some with more than 10 years of experience. By working together you will learn from each other along the way. You will have an enormous impact on making our API service faster, more scalable and more reliable. Our AWS infrastructure spans 4 different continents and we store billions of records. For both feeds and chat we run our own distributed K/V storage written in Golang.
- You are an experienced PostgreSQL DBA, you are familiar with all common and advanced operations and are able to triage and solve performance problems
- You have solid experience with Linux and its network stack
- You have experience with hardening production servers for security and performance
- You have worked with Puppet/Ansible/Chef professionally
- You have a strong experience with AWS services
- You have experience with Python or Go
- Production experience with K8S
- Experience scaling high traffic Websites or API services
- Experience with Kafka
- Raft / Etcd
Our tech stack
At Stream we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a short list of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A Macbook Pro and, if necessary, home office setup package
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies please