’s mission is to bring higher quality healthcare to millions of more patients around the world. We are doing this by turning the medical research process on its head and providing real-world, anonymous medical data for development at the click of a button. We are a fast-growing startup in a quickly evolving field and we came out of Stanford and YCombinator. We're a 100% remote and distributed team.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer who wants to help us ensure that our infrastructure is rock solid. Our #1 priority is data security, and you will play a pivotal role in designing and building an infrastructure that can support our needs. Your top responsibility will be ensuring our systems stay secure, and in that capacity we will expect you to set up, stress-test, and automate our infrastructure provisioning. There are huge opportunities to learn here - whether it be by creating secure connections with hospital systems, building distributed infrastructure, or coming up with new ways to make sure we prioritize privacy first. Outstanding performance and achievements in this position will put you on a path to become Segmed’s Security Officer. You will report directly to the CTO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will design and create secure Infrastructure-as-code to support Segmed’s needs
- You will write Terraform configurations and Ansible playbooks to setup our systems
- You will establish policies for log capture & analysis from all production systems
- You will ensure all systems are instrumented / monitored / audited
- You will help us meet needs for HIPAA and ISO-compliance
- Other ad hoc responsibilities to support the company’s objectives, as required in this fast paced startup
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform and Ansible
- 2+ years of experience with software engineering / automation of production workflows
- 1+ years of experience in at least 1 programming language (Go/Python preferred)
- Knowledge of healthcare ecosystems and medical and research partnerships
- Superior attention to detail and excellent communicator, both interpersonal and written
- Well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Enjoy working remotely
- Knowledge of HIPAA and GDPR regulations
- Healthcare industry knowledge / experience
- Transparency: We tell it like it is, good or bad
- Social Good: People first
- Learning Mentality: We acknowledge what we don’t know and find out
- Integrity: Do the right thing even if no one’s watching
The Segmed team is international. We have team members from a huge variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We consider equal opportunities essential. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.