VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a DevOps Manager at our Seattle, WA offices.
The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. You will own various components of the SmartCast platform customer experience. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven DevOps Manager who will play a central role in the delivery and maintenance of our SmartTV services. You will have the rewarding opportunity to manage a team which is responsible for CI/CD, automation, site-reliability engineering (SRE), quality assurance, networking, security, and physical/virtual machines in our hybrid DC/cloud environment. Your team will be working closely with our software engineers, and driving requirements, to create services that are resilient to failure. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will be part of an organization which is responsible for powering the SmartTV experience across our entire VIZIO lineup.
- Take ownership of the overall health and performance of our platform and services
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure to deliver highly scalable services
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Windows/Linux environments
- Proactively perform risk assessments and provide input to make our services more reliable, scalable, and cost-effective.
- Provide necessary testing inclusing manual testing, automated testing, load testing, stress testing, and integration testing such that we are confident our services continue to perform well
- Build and maintain our virtualized environments in the cloud as well as our physical data center
- Ensure that we are adhering to industry best practices as it relates to security, privacy, and disaster recovery.
- Learn about our exciting applications and services and be an active partner in shaping their future
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science, or minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a DevOps role.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a people manger with direct reports
- Experience working in a high traffic, high reliability environment
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Knowledge of web-based applications and testing tools
- Experience with CI/CD systems, version control systems (GIT preferred)
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, web and database servers.
- Strong experience in cloud environment, AWS preferred.
- Broad knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work collaboratively across different divisions
- Proven ability to drive issues and deliver quality results with a great deal of autonomy.
- Understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Ability to be a hands-on leader and make direct contributions to the team
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Remote Ok? No