Headquarters: Bellingham, WA
Place Inc, a nation wide real estate company, is looking for a database administrator engineer to join our platform team.
We're a company that uses the latest technologies to help real estate professionals offer value to their customers that's above and beyond the rest!
Some recent info about our latest funding: https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/17/place-a-profitable-real-estate-tech-startup-raises-100m-as-goldman-sachs-leads-its-first-round-of-funding/The Culture:
Some key points about the culture of our team here:🤖
We value automation. That means we don't use hard deadlines. We take the extra time to do things right. 📅
We're not big on meetings. That means we have great communication and patient self-driven attitudes.
🤓 We have a passion for open source. That means we're curious self-learners who dive deep into code repos.❤️
We care about everything we do. That means we like to take ownership and have attention to detail.
🏂🏻 We value a daily work + life balance.
We've built a pretty special work environment for the engineering team that's rare to find at other companies. If this culture and these values resonate with you, please apply!
We're a remote first company, but you get bonus points if you live in Colorado.
This is not a traditional DBA role with responsibilities like query optimization, index creation, and other similar work. It is a modern role with a focus on mainly monitoring, securing, and configuring multiple database types.
• Improve the monitoring and alerting of our databases
• Manage the processes we use to provision review ("development") databases
• Ensure our databases have any available autoscaling enabled
• Manage the processes we use for back ups and disaster recovery
• Manage user access to our databases
• Help the developers with any database questions or needs that may arise
• Share on on-call duties as needed
• Experience with at least one RDBMS (Postgresql preferred)
• Experience with at least one non-RDBMS / NoSQL
• Experience with database monitoring tools
• Strong shell scripting skills
• Kubernetes basics
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator
• AWS Certified Solutions ArchitectBenefits:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Voluntary life insurance
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Unlimited PTO
• Sick leave as needed
• 401(k) planMore About The Companyhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/placeinc/The Process
We have very little bureaucracy here and we value people's time. That means our application process is quick and to the point:
• Resume review
• 30 min. intro phone review with the Directory of DevOps
• 30-60 min. "tech" interview (no coding, just some questions with short answers)
• Meet the CTO
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/place-inc-database-administrator