UK Only role
About the Company
Axon Vibe is a location-based contextual platform that detects and predicts human behavior. It was founded in 2014 by location technology veterans (Google Maps, Endoxon, Multimap) and has assembled a 100-strong team of software engineers, machine learning experts, designers, and product visionaries.
Axon Vibe is working with forward thinking transportation operators and agencies across the world such as MTA New York and Deutsche Bahn and supplies the technology powering mobile applications to help reduce friction and deliver moments of serendipity without compromising users’ trust. We deliver seamless guidance for customers on public transport and combined mobility to jointly tackle the urban challenges of congestion, pollution, and limited space, and thereby contribute to a more sustainable future for Smart Cities.
We work as a start-up and we have exciting growth plans. Our team embodies innovation, curiosity, trust, and fun. Together we are working on the next generation mobility solutions. We are headquartered in Lucerne and offer exciting career opportunities across all our offices, which also include London, Norwich, New York City and Hong Kong.
About the Role
Why we are hiring:
At Axon Vibe our Operations team are responsible for supporting our partners support their customers and our own Development teams work in the most efficient way. To achieve this, we a need an experienced Senior DevOps or Infrastructure Engineer to help.
Why this is interesting:
You will have the opportunity to work with Software Engineers, Test Automation Engineers, Mobile Engineers & Data Scientists, ensuring that they have the best platform and tooling to enable the most efficient development possible.
We are in the fortunate position to use some of the latest tools and services available, within this role you will have the chance to work with:
- AWS, EKS, OpenShift, Kubernetes, CentOS, Terraform, Kong, Helm, Flux, Docker, Datadog, JFrog, Jenkins, Maven, Kibana, Gitlab, statsd, LDAP, OpsGenie, Flyway, Docker Registry
- Java, Spring framework, PostgreSQL, DocumentDB, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis
Beyond just pipelines DevOps Engineers must engage with all Squads to help them improve and optimise their working practices. This covers areas such as:
- CI tooling
- Data Science / Machine Learning Tools
- Developer Training
Managed Kubernetes Platform
We are now at a growth stage for the business and need to ensure our Infrastructure is supported 24/7. To enable this, we are migrating from OpenShift to a managed Kubernetes platform (Amazon EKS) and our team will be working on this for the next few months.
We must ensure our development teams have robust pipelines and builds which allow them to build and test their code before submitting merge requests. The tests will include unit tests for functionality as well as code quality, object dependency, security screening and load testing.
What we need from you
- Experience (2-3 years) with managing, maintaining and deploying large scale platform as service or virtualization infrastructure, using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Positive, can-do attitude. We have a bold vision and want to shift thinking. We believe in integrity, curiosity, drive and balance in both work and life. Individual experience and education are great, but the right attitude gets you a long way.
- Bring a vast amount of experience to a small team. We are at a crucial growth phase of the company and need a Senior Engineer to work pragmatically with all aspects of the business.
- Proven track record of developer enablement by working with developers and ensuring new tooling and automation is successfully adopted
- Experience creating and using continuous delivery/integration pipelines (build, test, deploy) & application configuration management.
- Comfortable with scripting (bash+python) and comfortable digging into code when needed, but not expected to be a coder.
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as terraform and ansible.
- Experience with monitoring systems, metric aggregation + analysis.
Nice to haves
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies is useful.
- Demonstrate experience with large scale applications including micro-services architecture, load balancer, web application server, backend database, backend processes and message queues.