About Basil Systems
Basil Systems is a young and dynamic company focused on improving the health outcomes of patients and consumers by helping medical device and drug companies deliver more innovative and safer products to market. We are actively seeking out a Sr. DevOps engineer to join our team that wants to be part of an exciting new opportunity and directly contribute to a rapidly growing SaaS product. Some things to consider:
· Your code will support and build upon a platform that is rapidly gaining customers by the dozens, including several Fortune 500 companies.
· You will contribute and oversee a codebase that embraces new technologies and prioritizes solid, stable and scalable code.
· Working with a platform that aims to continuously improve the quality of medical-devices and drugs, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the health care of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
· You’ll become a critical member of a company that is well-funded, revenue generating, and built by a very seasoned team with prior success in tech ventures.
Spending your time building and maintaining reliable services while also solving complex data processing and delivery problems, you will:
· Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
· Prototype, design, and implement build system components
· Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems / procedures, and data security.
· Optimize the company's computing architecture.
· Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
· Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
· Provide on-call support (service reliability / incident mitigation) – although incidents are rare
· Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
As a Senior Engineer, we are looking for a self-starter – someone who prefers to be engaged and proactive rather than reactive – with strong communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving aptitude. You have:
· 5+ years of experience as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer or similar role(s)
· Very strong skills experience with modern Python (3.8+), MongoDB (particularly 4.2+), and MySQL or MariaDB
· Expert level experience managing and implementing AWS services, environments and pipelines
· Strong working knowledge and experience with containers and orchestration (e.g. Docker; Kubernetes)
· Solid experience with infrastructure automation tools / Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
· Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
· Knowledge of system/network security and data backup/recovery
· Experience with ElasticSearch (preferred)
· Experience with cloud-service monitoring and alerting (e.g. Datadog)
· Familiarity with GitOps concepts (preferred)
We are a distributed team headquartered in Boston. However, our culture allows flexibility as to when, where and how you work best – and actively employ and support remote engineers.
· Competitive salary
· Health and vision (100% covered by the company)
· An attractive equity package
Basil supports and encourages building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for everyone -- and we welcome all applicants.