Headquarters: Michigan, United States
C++ Software Platform Engineer (Device Drivers)
Structure is a leader in computer vision and spatial computing.
Structure’s mission is to democratize the quality of care for humans globally by building the world’s most powerful scanning, analysis and diagnosis AI platform for healthcare. Our most notable products include our Structure Sensor line of 3D scanners, our Structure SDK 3D scanning software platform, and our Structure Cloud artificial intelligence service. Structure is the worldwide leader in 3D reconstruction for medical applications, treating over 4 million patients a year.
The 3D intelligence landscape has evolved rapidly over the last decade. With pandemics and remote work, the ability to capture accurate measurements of individuals quickly, efficiently, and from a distance has become an increasingly valuable tool.
We love it when our products deliver a seamless scanning experience, and so do our customers. We are looking for experienced C++ Software Platform Engineer candidates capable of developing systems optimized for use between Embedded Systems and the SDK.
- Join the development of the industry-leading Structure SDK for object reconstruction
- Develop low-latency solutions to process large volume of data at high speed
- Support cross-platform development
- Create internal development tools
- Profile and optimize the bottlenecks
- Optimize existing code to ensure efficient, low-latency execution
- Develop software for hardware manufacturing
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with driver development or low-level device communication
- Experience developing complex concurrent systems, including the effective use of multi-threading
- Strong experience with C++
- Strong software architecture and design skills, especially in application to C++ code
- Experience with CI/CD automation
- Experience with Git
Bonus points if you have experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with development for Apple platforms, especially iOS
- Experience with GPU-based computations: graphics APIs like OpenGL, Metal
- Experience with Single Instruction Multiple Data technologies
- Experience developing hardware drivers in multiple platforms
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, proactive attitude, and a drive for results
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to meeting performance metrics
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- An inclusive and compassionate work culture
- Option to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation (and opportunity to follow your local holidays in lieu of US holidays)
Location and Working Hours:
Structure’s R&D center is located in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
This is a remote position. Working hours are flexible, but applicants need to be available for a minimum of 3 hours of overlap with Structure’s R&D center per working day (8am to 6pm MT).
Structure is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/structure-io-cpp-software-platform-engineer-device-drivers