Headquarters: Swansea, Swansea
Veeqo is a software platform for eCommerce companies to automate their commerce operations.
Giving all size commerce companies the ability to deliver Amazon level speed and reliability. Our vision is to be the market leader globally for automating commerce operations.
A high growth tech company which has raised over £7m from top investors like Octopus, with over 80 team members across the world, a remote 1st culture and “office hubs” in Wales, USA, Canada and Kyrgyzstan.
At Veeqo, our team of Engineers is on a mission to create a world-class inventory and shipping platform for commerce, which is built to the highest standards and can scale with our users.
Built primarily with Ruby and Ruby on Rails with the majority of our frontend code written in React.js along with dedicated mobile clients. The platform consists of many services, processing millions of jobs daily and over $1bn in GMV per year.
Performance, quality and security is at the core of everything we do.
You will be the driving force of the Engineering Team, leading in the specification, architecture, and implementation of solutions that are both innovative and practical.
You will lead technical discussions, and direct the execution of all development work by combining technical vision and commercial awareness.
You will be accountable for meeting deadlines, solving complex technical problems, communicating effectively with subject matter experts, customers, and our ever-growing development team.
- Regular coordination with product and design on development roadmap and technical strategy
- Research and implement improvements to developmental processes and best practices
- Provide architecture oversight and direction for new and existing services
- Ownership of the overall security strategy and regular audits
- Liaise with our largest customers when planning projects together which gives them confidence in our ability to deliver the right solution for them
- Work with Head of Engineering to drive and shape recruitment of the development team to meet the requirements of the future roadmap
- Continually find ways to improve development quality and pipelines, assisted by the knowledge of the latest technology trends
- Promote a customer-focused dev culture
- Working with strategic partners (such as Shopify, Royal Mail and Amazon) to ensure we have deep technical integrations and excellent personal relationships with them
- 3+ years of professional experience functioning as a technical leader
- Hands-on development experience building large scale applications in the cloud
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be excited by technology and delivering solutions that are both practical and timely
- An understanding of information security management and industry standard security practices
- Thrives in a fast pace environment and welcomes change
- Demonstrates strong aptitude for problem solving
- Expected to have regular working hours compatible with UK time zone
- Nice to have: SaaS business experience and exposure to Ruby programming language
- A genuine "positive can do" attitude
- See challenges as opportunities more than obstacles
- Believe in iteration over perfection
- Knows the virtues and trade-off of using "off-the-shelf" versus "build"
- Stays up to date with the latest technology trends
- 33 days annual leave (including national holidays)
- Remote / flexible work-location
- Spotify and Gym memberships
- Apple Macbook Pro laptop
- Learning budget
- Salary up to £120,000
- Share options
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/veeqo-head-of-technology