Hands-on with Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines in Kubernetes
Jan 24, 2019 - DevOps Playground London
The Speaker: Andrea Zorzetto - https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrea-zorzetto-a985671b/
During this playground, we are going to cover the basics of a CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins in Kubernetes platform building from scratch all the components required to get there. This will require us to start our first K8s server, build a Jenkins docker container with some preconfigured tools needed from our pipeline, create a K8s deployment for Jenkins, and eventually write our first CI/CD pipeline.
- Prepare a Kubernetes environment
- Build Jenkins docker image with a Dockerfile
- Deploy Jenkins in K8s and expose it
- Provision jobs from source code
- Initiate our first simple CI/CD pipeline
Few things to keep in mind:
- Food and drinks will be provided
- As this is a hands-on, please remember to bring your laptop
- Doors open for networking/beers 18:30
- Playground starts at 19:00
Hope to see our regulars plus some new faces!
The DevOps Playground Team